Friday, January 25, 2008

All Out of Love

It is a lovely winter morning. The fog is quite dense and she looks through her window at the white expanse in love. She loves the icy touch of harsh winter. Did I say harsh? Oh yes, I forget to mention that the winter is harsh in this part of the country. She walks over to the refrigerator and pulls out a frozen quarter pizza and leaves it on the table. After a shower, she gorges on the pizza slice and some cold milk.
Her mind starts to wander at the table. All these years had passed by and she was living alone - Happily.
The wind is blowing into the room and the temperature is dipping furiously.
Where did her thoughts get off…ah! People always thought that she was far from normal. I guess she knew that herself. She was in love…with love. Her love story is a saga in itself. She muses for what seems like an hour. Then the thought of going to work strikes her and she slowly gets her bag.
The bus stop is a short walk from where she lives…her ‘home’.
A cold tune blows into her ears from all around and she absorbs it with love. She can smell love even in the cold air. After a largely uneventful walk, she reaches the bus stop and takes a seat to wait for the bus.
That’s where I come in. I, contrary to my social traditions, usually go out on cold mornings like this. In fact, I love cold mornings as much as she does. I see her from a distance and move towards her in what seems to be a trance. I move fast and close the distance between us. I love the feel of the ground below my feet and the snippy dusty air around me. I am full of love for everything around me.
She sees me when I am about one foot from her. Her expressionless face looks through me in a cold kind of way. I love that look. The look that makes my inspiration run high…the look that makes me make others love me.
She fixes her gaze on me and twitches her eyebrow as if she pities my condition. I laugh to myself, and then, as if she knows my feeling, she too laughs uncontrollably. I look around to see if other early birds are watching the two of us or not. We are alone.
Her laughter has a nice rhythm…like some code. I am entranced by her loving sight and sound. I begin to dance once again…all out of love. She looks at me in a peculiar fashion and grins. There is a strange tension in the air. It is a tension that spells love.
She moves towards me with a strange light in her eyes. I also move in her direction. Soon she touches me with her palm.
She has a soft palm and it smells of her wonderful perfume…I love the sweet smell of perfume.
There is so much love in that touch of hers. I am overflowing with love and long to share it with her. I kiss her on the back of her hand and she embraces me tightly.
The cold feeling comes back again. Its taking my breath away. She is still looking at me with that strange light.
Someday I have to ask my father about that look.
She gently falls to her knees and lies down next to me. The look is still there. I feel that there is something missing from my side and shower her with kisses. She still holds me tight in her arms…all out of love.

Dec 27. Nainital.
The dead body of Dr. Anjali Mohan, a research scholar at IPWA was found near the Horticulture Garden Bus Stop. The cause of her death has been determined to be snake bite. In what seems to be a strange tale, a dead Krait was found entangled in the grip of Dr. Mohan. This enormously poisonous snake had bitten Dr. Mohan eleven times…ten times after she died. The funeral will be conducted at 5:30 P.M. today.

3 comments:

SimiWiz said...

hmmm.....sounds somewhat like one of Girish kannad's plays...but too good. You took me off my feet for a minute there!

Aditi Sharma said...

I have never read anything so original.
Apart from your ususal impeccable style of writinn, with a wonderful choice words there is some thing fascniating about what is written and i cant really put my finger on what is it that fascinates me.

It was sad but interesting and unique.

phatichar said...

I didn't see THAT coming man! Awesome.. bring it on. :) :P